Outside of London, Birmingham is the U.K’s most populous city, with over 1,100,000 residents. The city has played a very important role throughout history in terms of technological advancement, which produced a series of innovations which laid the foundations for modern industrial society. The city was hailed as the first manufacturing town in the world in 1791 and as manufacturing slowed over the subsequent years, it has developed a fully-fledged service sector and a major international commercial centre, commanding the second largest economy in the U.K.
And while Birmingham is a metropolitan culture, the city hosts 571 parks, more than any other European city, totalling over 3500 hectares of green space.
Van hire in Birmingham is easily available and many professional vehicle hire companies offer the number and variety of vans whatever the requirement. Check our van hire comparison tool for Birmingham van hire options.
- Edgbaston?Edgbaston is an area in the city of Birmingham which traditionally has the reputation of being an affluent and upmarket part of the city, “where the trees begin”. The area curves around the south and west of the original Birmingham town. The population of Edgbaston is thought to be around 30,000. The area also provided no small amount of inspiration for J.R.R. Tolkien who lived there for a period of his younger life. Perrot’s Folly and the Edgbaston Waterworks allegedly providing him with the inspiration behind The Two Towers.
Edgbaston van hire is possible with a host of professional vehicle providers. Some of these locations within the area may suit you when checking for van hire in Edgbaston.
Edgbaston van hire
Bartley Green van hire
Harborne van hire
Quinton van hire
- Erdington?Erdington is a suburb of Birmingham and lies 5 miles (8 km) northeast of central Birmingham, bordering Sutton Coldfield. Round 30,000 people live in Erdington. One of the best known features in Erdington is Spaghetti Junction, on the border of Aston and Gravelly Hill. As well as being a road interchange, two railway lines, three canals and two rivers also converge on that location.
Erdington van hire is widely available from a host of professional vehicle providers. Some of these locations within the area may suit you when checking for van hire in Edgbaston.
Erdington van hire
Tyburn van hire
Stockland Green van hire
Kingsbury van hire
- Kingstanding?Kingstanding is an area in north Birmingham and houses a population of around 30,000 residents. The area is famous for featuring in the novel The Last Viking by Dr Ron Dawson. The author grew up in Kingstanding, at number 79 Parkeston Crescent, and used the estate and characters from it as the backdrop to his novel.
Kingstanding van hire is widely available from many professional van hire companies. Some of these locations within the area may suit you when checking for van hire in Kingstanding.
Kingstanding van hire
Perry Common van hire
St. Mary’s College van hire
Witton Lakes van hire
Wyrley Birch van hire
New Oscott van hire
- Ladywood?Ladywood is considered an inner-city area in Birmingham with around 30,000 residents currently living within its boundaries. The affluent Jewellery Quarter and Broad Street areas as well as the Lee Bank area (now known as Park Central) have become fashionable for “luxury flat” living. The rest of the area is relatively economically impoverished. Historically it is said that J.R.R. Tolkien also lived within the area for a time.
Ladywood van hire is widely available from many professional van hire companies. Some of these locations within the area may suit you when checking for van hire in Ladywood.
Birmingham city centre van hire
Park Central van hire
Lee Bank van hire
Broad Street van hire
Ladywood van hire
Aston van hire
Nechells van hire
Soho van hire
- Perry Barr?Perry Barr is an inner-city area in north Birmingham, and is famous locally for the very first Odeon cinema, built by Oscar Deutsch in the 1920s. The name of the area is derived from the Latin parva (not “pear”, as some sources claim) meaning “small” and “Barr” means “hill”. The name probably relates to the Barr Beacon, the area’s tallest peak.
Perry Barr van hire is widely available from many professional rental agencies. Some of these locations within the area may suit you when checking for van hire in Perry Barr.
Perry Barr van hire
Handsworth Wood van hire
Lozells van hire
East Handsworth van hire
Oscott van hire
- Small HeathSmall Heath is an inner-city area within the city of Birmingham. Despite having the problems usually associated with all inner-city suburbs, Small Heath is host to many thriving local businesses. The population of Small Heath is around 40,000 people. Most recently the area has found fame on T.V. in the BBC series, Peaky Blinders, as the home base of the Shelbys and core members of their gang, the Peaky Blinders.
Small Heath van hire is widely available from many professional rental agencies. Some of these locations within the area may suit you when checking for van hire in Small Heath.
Small Heath van hire
- Sutton Coldfield?Sutton Coldfield is officially the Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, a suburb of Birmingham. It has a residence of around 100,000 people. The area is home to one of the largest urban parks in England, Sutton Park. The area is most famously mentioned in Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act 4, scene 2:
Falstaff: “Bardolph, get thee before to Coventry; fill me a bottle of sack: our soldiers shall march through: we’ll to Sutton-Co’fil’ to-night”.
Sutton Coldfield van hire is widely available from many professional rental agencies. Some of these locations within the area may suit you when checking for van hire in Sutton Coldfield.
Boldmere van hire
Falcon Lodge van hire
Four Oaks van hire
Little Aston van hire
Mere Green van hire
Minworth van hire
Walmley van hire
Wylde Green van hire